The Phantom Agony – Expanded Edition - 2LP
Type: 2LP high quality 180 gram audiophile pressing RED vinyl
Genre: Epic Metal
Catalog number: TMV-071
2LP EPICA - The Phantom Agony – Expanded Edition
The Phantom Agony marked the start of the now decade-long and world-wide career of the Dutch group EPICA. The album was recorded at The Gate Studio in Wolfsburg, Germany, under the leadership of the renowned producer and engineer Sacha Paeth (a.o. Aina, After Forever, Rhapsody, Kamelot) and at its release it was critically acclaimed to be one of the most impressive Dutch Epic Metal debut albums ever. The classically trained mezzo-soprano vocalist Simone Simons is a true revelation, confronting a complete choir & orchestra just as easily as she battles the shrouds clad grunts. But it is the incredible arrangements and production, this band of ex-After Forever guitarist Mark Jansen gives a unique place in Dutch rock history. “Pain and beauty blend into a musical experience that will saturate all the listener's senses”, one critic wrote after listening to the overwhelming CD. He could not have put it better.
Ten years after its original release, The Phantom Agony is back in store. Remastered from the original master tapes the double album is pressed on high quality 180 gram audiophile vinyl and put in a 350 gram cardboard gatefold sleeve included all lyrics. Besides the regular album, this release contains six bonus tracks.
TMV-071 2LP EPICA - The Phantom Agony – Expanded Edition - lmt ed RED vinyl
1. Adyta 1:27 “The Neverending Embrace”
2. Sensorium 4:49
3. Cry for the Moon 6:44 "The Embrace that Smothers - Part IV"
4. Run for a Fall 6:31
1. Illusive Consensus 5:00
2. Façade of Reality 8:10 "The Embrace that Smothers - Part V"
3. Feint 4:19
4. Seif al Din 5:46 "The Embrace that Smothers - Part VI"
1. The Phantom Agony 8:59
2. Veniality 4:37 – non album track
3. Triumph of Defeat 3:54 – non album track
1. Veniality 4:35 - orchestral version
2. Feint 4:53 - piano version
3. Cry for the Moon 3:30 - single version
4. Run for a Fall 4:29 - single version
These recordings have been exclusively restored and dynamically
remastered in the 24-bit domain from the original digital masters